What is this style of picture frame called?

I have some convex glass silhouette paintings from the Benton Glass Company from the 30s or 40s. They came with metal frames, each bent from a single piece of metal with a hook on one end and a hole in the other for it to hook into. One of the frames broke, and I can’t find any information about this style of frame. The best resource I’ve found about the paintings so far is, but it only refers to the frames as "thin metal frames".

I took this picture of one of the intact frames, opened so you can kind of see the hook closure.
this picture

Arts & Crafts Asked by Togashi on August 24, 2021

0 Answers

Add your own answers!

Related Questions

Is there such thing as squeezing your values?

1  Asked on August 24, 2021 by roqux


Cleaning and oiling a Singer 3002

2  Asked on August 24, 2021 by holly


Bind a back with its pages without stains

1  Asked on August 24, 2021 by user3450548


What is this style of picture frame called?

0  Asked on August 24, 2021 by togashi


How should a child first learn to draw?

5  Asked on February 11, 2021 by kay-bei


Evenly spaced increase

1  Asked on January 25, 2021 by cattails17


How to wind a hank of yarn without a swift?

4  Asked on January 2, 2021 by user812786


Color sequence of a sunset

3  Asked on December 22, 2020 by user1234


How do I maintain my oil paint brushes?

2  Asked on December 8, 2020 by iljarepin


Does Cyanoacrylate glue inhibit Mold Star silicone?

1  Asked on November 3, 2020 by ethan-reesor


Ask a Question

Get help from others!

© 2022 All rights reserved.