What is the term used for people who get drunk easily?

English Language & Usage Asked by illynoi on January 12, 2021

Is there another term for someone who cannot handle consuming large amounts of alcohol besides the term ‘lightweight‘?

2 Answers

Not single words (although I've seen the second one hyphenated), but “cheap drunks” and “two pot screamers” are people who are/become “easily in their cups"/easily drunk.

cheap drunk (from Urban Dictionary):

Someone who easily gets drunk. They could have 3 shots of a 40% strength alcohol and they're gone. The person is cheap because they don't have to spend as much money on alcohol to get drunk.

two pot screamer ‎(plural two pot screamers):

  1. (Australia, colloquial) One who becomes talkative or rowdy after consuming a relatively small amount of alcohol; one who quickly becomes intoxicated. (Wiktionary)

Answered by Papa Poule on January 12, 2021

"Can't hold their liquor" or "Can't handle their ale" are in common use in the UK.

Can't hold their drink/liquor

if someone can't hold their drink, they get drunk after drinking very little alcohol

Answered by Marv Mills on January 12, 2021

Add your own answers!

Related Questions

Is it wrong to say ‘sourness is the taste’?

1  Asked on June 10, 2021 by user2039


“more massive”?

1  Asked on June 9, 2021 by dat_nguyen


Ask a Question

Get help from others!

© 2022 All rights reserved. Sites we Love: PCI Database, MenuIva, UKBizDB, Menu Kuliner, Sharing RPP, SolveDir